It became increasingly apparent that he would
also need premises in Littlehampton as well as
assistance with servicing an increasing clientele
and in 1973 Martin White joined him as his assistant
solicitor; subsequently becoming his partner in
1979. Also in 1973 the opportunity arose to purchase
former bank premises which are now our main office
based in Beach Road, Littlehampton. The following
year, Tim Pitt joined as Eric Moyle's clerk and
after qualifying in 1981 became a partner in 1986.
With a mounting caseload, the firm soon needed
another solicitor and in 1975 Tony Jones joined
as an assistant solicitor and subsequently became
the firm's third partner in 1982. The need for
a proper ligitation department soon became apparent
and in 1985 Alan Hodges agreed to amalgamate his
firm, Messrs. Jackson & Hodges, founded in
1943, with ours.
In 1990 the firm's name changed slightly to "E.J.
Moyle" and in October of that year Eric Moyle
retired from the partnership. Later in 1998 Alan
Hodges also retired. Having joined the firm as
an assistant solicitor in 1997 to head the Litigation
Department, Mike Kemp became a partner in 2002
to join Martin White, Tony Jones and Tim Pitt. In May 2008 Nadine Byrnes joined the partnership to head our matrimonial department having passed up the ranks from legal executive to solicitor and then to a partner. On 30th April 2009 sadly Tony Jones chose to retire from the partnership leaving the remaining partners, Martin White, Tim Pitt, Mike Kemp and Nadine Byrnes, in charge.
The firm continues to bear Eric Moyle's
respected name and to offer a high quality of
service to all its clients.